- OTHER SCRIPTS:
- Russian / Macedonian (Серафим) hebrew (שְׂרָפִים)
- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- afro-asiatic > semitic > central semitic > hebrew
- NAME ROOT:
- śāRāF > śəRāFîM > SERAPHIM
- NATIVE NAME ROOT:
- śāRāF (שָׂרָף) śəRāFîM (שְׂרָפִים)
- This name derives from the Hebrew “śārāf > śərāfîm”, meaning “fiery ones, shining snake, flaming, glowing”. A Seraph is a type of celestial or heavenly being in the Abrahamic Religions. The name literally means "burning ones". The word Seraph is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew Bible; A seminal passage in the book of Isaiah (6.1-8). Saint Fina (1238–1253), or Saint Serafina, was an Italian Christian girl who is venerated in the Tuscan town of San Gimignano. Serafim Fernandes de Araújo (born 1924) is the archbishop emeritus of Belo Horizonte, Brazil, and is a Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church.
- BIBLICAL / RELIGION (SAINTS)
Use in other languages
- hungarian - magyar
- szeráf, Szerafin
- serafimas, Serapinas
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#14116UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
A person with name-number 8 is ambitious, confident, practical and has a great ability to execute plans. They are achievers and seek to reach the top of their field through hard work.
- Chakra Number:
- 8: The number of the Chakra "Etheric Body"
At the base of the skull or Cerebellum and is also found to be linked to the causal chakra just above the crown chakra to the left in the etheric body. This center enables the individual to achieve advanced out-of-body projection, etheric projection, spiritual perception, and spiritual wisdom. I use the word spiritual here because these abilities and ideas are larger than the self and the earth and is were the ability of remote viewing resides.
- Color meaning:
Black is the color of the hidden, the secretive and the unknown, creating an air of mystery. It keeps things bottled up inside, hidden from the world. In color psychology the meaning of the color black is protection from external emotional stress. It creates a barrier between itself and the outside world, providing comfort while protecting its emotions and feelings, and hiding its vulnerabilities, insecurities and lack of self-confidence. In times of fear and uncertainty black contains the energy of the threatening unknown. In a positive state, black is seen as a restful emptiness into which anything may emerge and disappear once again. It is also mysterious, providing a sense of potential and possibility.
Notable people and personalities
Serafim Baptista (born 1925), Portuguese footballer
Serafim Barzakov (born 1975), Bulgarian wrestler
Serafim Fernandes de Araújo (born 1924), Brazilian Roman Catholic archbishop
Serafim Karalexis (21st century), British film producer
Serafim Neves (born 1920), Portuguese footballer
Serafim Pereira (1943–1994), Portuguese footballer
Serafim Saca (born 1935), Moldovan writer
Serafim Todorov (born 1969), Bulgarian-Georgian boxer
Serafim Tulikov (1914-2004), Russian composer
Serafim Urechean (born 1950), Moldovan politician