- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > italic > latin
- NAME ROOT:
- NāTīVĭTāS > NāTāLIS (DĭēS) > NATALIUS
- This name derives from the Old French “Noel”, variant “Nael”, from the Latin “nātālis (dĭēs)”, meaning "day of birth, Christ's birthday, Christmas Day", which in turn derives from “nātīvĭtās”, meaning “birth, generation”. This is a name which comes from ethnic and religious tradition and was given for births on December 25, the day of the birth of Christ. This name is found in many languages but is especially common in French, Eastern Europe and English speaking countries. Saint Natalia (Cordova, 852) was martyred in Cordoba in Andalusia, Spain, during the persecution of the Moors, and is venerated as a saint by the Catholic Church. The variant Natalie was popularized in the United States by Natalie Wood (Natal'ja Zacharenko) (1938–1981) an American film and television actress.
- RELIGION (SAINTS)
- natalie, noëlie, nathalie, noella, noËlle, noèle, noélia, noéla, noéli, noélie, noéline, noélise, noëlla, noëllia, noêllie, noëllise, noëlly, noély, noélyne, noélyse
Use in other languages
- natale, natalio, natalizio
- natal, natalis
- natalio, natal, nataniel, nadal, Navidad
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#383UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
The number 1 is associated with leadership and independence. People with this name-number demonstrate great inner strength and have much potential for financial success and other accomplishments in life. These individuals are believed to make good use of their inborn talents and leadership abilities to influence and lead people.
- Chakra Number:
- 1: The number of the Root Chakra "Muladhara"
The first of the seven energy centers, Muladhara is also the most dense of them all. The main color of this chakra is red which is also the most dense color of all. Learn about the meaning of red chakra color and discover the less known second color found at the centre of muladhara.
- Color meaning:
The color red is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive. It exudes a strong and powerful masculine energy. Red is energizing. It excites the emotions and motivates us to take action. It signifies a pioneering spirit and leadership qualities, promoting ambition and determination. It is also strong-willed and can give confidence to those who are shy or lacking in will power.
||LE PÈRE NOËL ET MARIANNE
||CLAUDE FONFRÈDE FEAT. DOMINIQUE BECKER
||NOËL ESTEN VOYAGE
||LA BANDE MAGNÉTIK
Notable people and personalities
Noël Calef (1907–1968), French-speaking Writers
Noël Coward (1899–1973), English Author, Actor, Director And Composer
Noël Davern (1945–2013), Irish Politician
Noël Dempsey (born 1953), Irish Politician
Noël Field (1904–1970), American Diplomat
Noël Fielding (born 1973), English Comedian, Actor And Artist
Noël Forgeard (born 1946), Former Ceo Of Airbus
Noël Gallon (1891–1966), French Composer And Composition Teacher
Noël Godin (born 1945) Belgian Writer, Critic, Actor And Notorious Cream Pie Flinger
Noël Martin (born 1959), British-jamaican Construction Worker
Noël Treanor (born 1950), Irish Roman Catholic Bishop
Noël Valladares (born 1977), Honduran Football Goalkeeper
Noël Van Horn (born 1968), American Cartoonist