- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > celtic > insular celtic > goidelic > irish
- NAME ROOT:
- COINNEACH > MAC COINNEACH
- The name is originated from the Gaelic surname MacCoinneach, quite literally meaning “son of Coinneach”. However, since Coinneach means “fair, kind, gentle or handsome”, more creative translations could be "child of the fair or handsome one, child of the wise ruler, child of the bright one, born of fire, fire-born, finely made, favored one, comely, or good looking”. The Mackenzie clan has flourished in Scotland dating back to the 13th Century, at which time Coinneach MacCoinneach (Kenneth son of Kenneth) supposedly held the title of the 3rd Baron of Kintail. Some historians claim that the clan descended from members of the House of Geraldine in Ireland, who had resettled in Scotland in 1261. The name Coinneach or Kenneth later became Mackenzie, with a pronunciation initially resembling “McKenny”.
- makenzie, mckenzie, mackynzie, makensie, mickenzie
- PET & SHORT FORM
- kenzie, mack
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#4041UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Number 7 individuals are analytical and inquisitive. They have a thirst for knowledge and often make great academics, researchers or scientists. They have a strong sense of independence and tend to do things their own way. Number 7 individuals are believed to be self-reliant and may come across as reserved.
- Chakra Number:
- 7: The number of the Crown Chakra "Sahasrara"
Violet is the color of the crown chakra and it is the color of cosmic awareness and cosmic consciousness. It is a unifying color, the color of oneness and spirituality. The energy of this color is very healing and can soothe away pain. Learn more about this powerful spiritual color.
- Color meaning:
The color violet relates to the imagination and spirituality. It stimulates the imagination and inspires high ideals. It is an introspective color, allowing us to get in touch with our deeper thoughts. The difference between violet and purple is that violet appears in the visible light spectrum, or rainbow, whereas purple is simply a mix of red and blue. Violet has the highest vibration in the visible spectrum.
Notable people and personalities
Mackenzie Astin (born 1973), American Actor
Mackenzie Bezos (born 1970) American Novelist
Mackenzie Bowell (1823–1917), English- Canadian Prime Minister
Mackenzie Boyd-clowes (born 1991), Canadian Ski Jumper
Mackenzie Christine Foy (born 2000), American child model and actress
Mackenzie Crook (born 1971), British Actor
Mackenzie Foy (born 2000), American Child Model And Actress
Mackenzie Phillips (born 1959), American Actress
Mackenzie Rosman (born 1989), American Actress
Mackenzie Thorpe (born 1956), British Artist