- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > italic > latin
- NAME ROOT:
- LAURUS > LAURENTUM > LAURENTĭUS
- This name derives from the Latin “Laurentum” (wreathed/crowned with laurel), which in turn derives from “laurus”, meaning “laurel, from the place of laurel trees, laurel branch, laurel wreath”. Laurentum was an ancient Roman city of Latium situated between Ostia and Lavinium, on the west coast of the Italian Peninsula southwest of Rome. Laurence (Laurentius) was the second Archbishop of Canterbury from about 604 to 619. He was a member of the Gregorian mission sent from Italy to England to Christianize the Anglo-Saxons from their native Anglo-Saxon paganism, although the date of his arrival is disputed. San Lorenzo "St. Lawrence" is also linked to the night of the falling stars.
- RELIGION (SAINTS) / STARS AND HEAVENLY BODIES
- lorena, lorenziana, laurentina, laurenza, laurenzia, lorentina, Lorenzia
- laurentino, lorenzo, loreno, lorenziano, lorentino
- PET & SHORT FORM
Use in other languages
- laurentine, laurentse, laurentia
- lauren, laurentien
- laurencia, laryn, lauren, lauryn, lorina, LAURENa
- laurentia, lorentina, Lorentina
- laurentine, laurence
- laurentia, laurentina
- laurense, laurentse, laurentze, Lorense, Lorentse, Lorentze, Lorentine, Lorencia, Lorentsia, Lorentzia, Lorenzia, Lorensia, Lorentia
- laurense, laurentia, lorentina, Lorensa, Lorentina, Lorense, Lorentse, Lorentze, Lorentine, Lorenze, Lorensia, Lorentia
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#6429UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
If a person's name-number is 2, he is considered to be co-operative and highly adaptable to any circumstance in life. 2 is associated with teamwork, mediating and working for the goodness of others. People with the name-number 2 tend to be good friends and are kind, helpful individuals.
- Chakra Number:
- 2: The number of the Sacral Chakra "Swadhisthana"
Orange is the color of your second chakra, which is located bellow the navel. The main energy of this color is creativity and feelings. Explore the color of your sacral chakra in depth and discover the gifts and challenges of orange color.
- Color meaning:
The color orange radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with the cheerfulness of yellow. Orange relates to 'gut reaction' or our gut instincts, as opposed to the physical reaction of red or the mental reaction of yellow. Orange offers emotional strength in difficult times. It helps us to bounce back from disappointments and despair, assisting in recovery from grief.
Notable people and personalities
Lorenza Arnetoli, Italian Basketball Player
Lorenza Biella, Italian Dubber
Lorenza Foschini, Italian Journalist And Writer
Lorenza Ghinelli, Italian Writer
Lorenza Guerrieri, Italian Actress
Lorenza Guess, Italian Actress
Lorenza Lei, Italian Executive Public Official
Lorenza Mario, Italian Ballerina
Lorenza Mazzetti, Italian Writer And Director
Lorenza Vigarani, Italian Swimmer
Lorenza Visconti, Italian Singer