- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > italic > latin
- NAME ROOT:
- LAURUS > LAURENTUM > LAURENTĭUS
- This name derives from the Latin “Laurentum” (wreathed/crowned with laurel), which in turn derives from “laurus”, meaning “laurel, from the place of laurel trees, laurel branch, laurel wreath”. Laurentum was an ancient Roman city of Latium situated between Ostia and Lavinium, on the west coast of the Italian Peninsula southwest of Rome. Laurence (Laurentius) was the second Archbishop of Canterbury from about 604 to 619. He was a member of the Gregorian mission sent from Italy to England to Christianize the Anglo-Saxons from their native Anglo-Saxon paganism, although the date of his arrival is disputed. San Lorenzo "St. Lawrence" is also linked to the night of the falling stars.
- RELIGION (SAINTS) / STARS AND HEAVENLY BODIES
- lorenza, lorenziana, laurentina, laurenza, laurenzia, lorentina, Lorenzia
- laurentino, lorenzo, loreno, lorenziano, lorentino
- PET & SHORT FORM
Use in other languages
- laurentine, laurentse, laurentia
- lauren, laurentien
- laurencia, laryn, lauren, lauryn, lorina, LAURENa
- laurentia, lorentina, Lorentina
- laurentine, laurence
- laurentia, laurentina
- laurense, laurentse, laurentze, Lorense, Lorentse, Lorentze, Lorentine, Lorencia, Lorentsia, Lorentzia, Lorenzia, Lorensia, Lorentia
- laurense, laurentia, lorentina, Lorensa, Lorentina, Lorense, Lorentse, Lorentze, Lorentine, Lorenze, Lorensia, Lorentia
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#1102UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
If a person's name-number is 2, he is considered to be co-operative and highly adaptable to any circumstance in life. 2 is associated with teamwork, mediating and working for the goodness of others. People with the name-number 2 tend to be good friends and are kind, helpful individuals.
- Chakra Number:
- 2: The number of the Sacral Chakra "Swadhisthana"
Orange is the color of your second chakra, which is located bellow the navel. The main energy of this color is creativity and feelings. Explore the color of your sacral chakra in depth and discover the gifts and challenges of orange color.
- Color meaning:
The color orange radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with the cheerfulness of yellow. Orange relates to 'gut reaction' or our gut instincts, as opposed to the physical reaction of red or the mental reaction of yellow. Orange offers emotional strength in difficult times. It helps us to bounce back from disappointments and despair, assisting in recovery from grief.
Notable people and personalities
Lorena (lorena Gómez Pérez) (born 1986), Spanish Singer
Lorena Ayala (born 1984), Spanish-dutch Model
Lorena Berdún (born 1963), Spanish Sexologist
Lorena Bernal (born 1977), Argentine Model And Former Miss Spain
Lorena Blanco (born 1977), Peruvian Badminton Player
Lorena Bobbitt (born 1970), Former Wife Of John Wayne Bobbitt
Lorena Briceño (born 1978), Argentine Judoka
Lorena Gale (1958-2009), Canadian Actress
Lorena Herrera (born 1967), Mexican Actress
Lorena Hickok (1893-1968), American Journalist
Lorena Ochoa (born 1981), Mexican Golfer
Lorena Rojas (born 1972), Mexican Actress And Singer
Lorena Velázquez (born 1937), Mexican Actress