- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > celtic > insular celtic > goidelic > irish
- NAME ROOT:
- Dí AIRMIT / AIRMAIT > DIARMAID
- The origin of this name is still today quite uncertain. The theories include: 1) From the Gaelic element "dí", meaning "without". 2) From the Gaelic "airmit", meaning "injunction". 3) From the Gaelic "airmit", meaning "envy". The Scottish Gaelic form of the name is Diarmad; Anglicized forms of this name include Diarmid and Dermid. Saint Diarmaid was an Irish bishop of Armagh known for his learning. He was named bishop in 834 but was driven from his see by a usurper, Forau. Diarmaid went to Connacht, where he ruled as primate. During his reign, Norsemen destroyed churches inArmagh in 841.
- dermot, dermott
- PET & SHORT FORM
Use in other languages
- diarmaid, diarmit, diarmuit, diarmait, diarmuid, dermot
- diarmad, dermid
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#11532UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Order, practicality, sincerity and hard work are some of the character traits associated with this number. A number 4 person is disciplined, serious, honest and will work steadily to achieving his goal. Such a person can bring order to an otherwise chaotic situation.
- Chakra Number:
- 4: The number of the Heart Chakra "Anahata"
Green is the main heart chakra color. It is the color of healing, balance, tranquility, and serenity. Green brings wholeness to our lives and it is the color most frequently found in nature. Learn more about this color and discover its meaning.
- Color meaning:
The color green is the color of balance and harmony. From a color psychology perspective, it is the great balancer of the heart and the emotions, creating equilibrium between the head and the heart. From a meaning of colors perspective, green is also the color of growth, the color of spring, of renewal and rebirth. It renews and restores depleted energy. It is the sanctuary away from the stresses of modern living, restoring us back to a sense of well being. This is why there is so much of this relaxing color on the earth, and why we need to keep it that way.
Notable people and personalities
Kermit Blount (born 1958) American Football Coach
Kermit Cintrón (born 1979) Puerto Rican Boxer
Kermit Driscoll (born 1956) American Jazz Bassist
Kermit Erasmus (born 1990) South African Footballer
Kermit Gosnell (born 1941) American Physician
Kermit Hunter (1910–2001) American Playwright
Kermit Krantz (born 1923), Inventor And Faculty At The University Of Kansas Medical Center
Kermit Love (1916–2008) American Puppeteer, Costume Designer
Kermit Roosevelt I (1889–1943) Son Of U.s. President Theodore Roosevelt
Kermit Roosevelt Iii (born 1971) American Law Professor (university Of Pennsylvania)
Kermit Roosevelt, Jr. (1916–2000), Political Action Officer Of The Central Intelligence Agency's (cia)
Kermit Ruffins (born 1964) American Jazz Trumpeter, Singer And Composer
Kermit Schafer (1914–1979) American Writer And Producer
Kermit Washington (born 1951) American Former Professional Basketball Player