- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > balto-slavic > slavic
- NAME ROOT:
- JARŭ / YÁRIY SLáVA > JAROSLáV
- NATIVE NAME ROOT:
- JARŭ (*JARъ) YÁRIY (я́рий) SLáVA (сла́ва) JAROSLáV (Яросла́в)
- This name derives from the Slavic name “Jarosláv (Яросла́в)”, composed of two Old Church Slavonic elements: “jarŭ (*jarъ) yáriy (я́рий)” (furious, angry, eager, impetuous) plus “sláva (сла́ва)” (glory, fame, renown, honor, repute, reputation). In turn the name means “one who is famous and renowned for his fury”. Jarilo is Proto-Slavic deity of the sun, spring, and fertility. However, with the adoption of Christianity in the Slavic countries the name began to be commonly understood not as a reference to a pagan deity, but rather to the "fervent worship of God". Yaroslav I was thrice Grand Prince of Novgorod and Kiev, uniting the two principalities for a time under his rule.
- NAMES DAY:
- POLAND January, 21
- PET & SHORT FORM
- jaruś, Jareczek
Use in other languages
- Medieval Slavic - Latinized
- hungarian - magyar
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#6769UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
A number 9 person is humane and selfless. Compassion, tolerance, idealism and sensitivity are the hallmarks of number 9. Number 9 individuals often give unselfishly to others.
- Chakra Number:
- 9: The number of the Chakra "Pineal Gland"
The Pineal Gland is about the size of a pea, and is in the center of the brain in a tiny cave behind and above the pituitary gland which lies a little behind the root of the nose. It is located directly behind the eyes, attached to the third ventricle. This chakra is also known as the upper dan tien. The ninth chakra is an interesting chakra in that it is in this chakra that all the Christ abilities lie dormant, waiting to be released and used in the outer and inner worlds. The shift in focus at this time is toward that Christ energy and the accompanying abilities that go along with it. Hence, a great deal of work and energy is now being sent into physical reality to help the individual open up and expand this energy center.
- Color meaning:
It is no surprise that gold symbolizes wealth used wisely, but it is also the symbol of good health. People who favor the color gold are optimistic. The Tibetan Buddhist believes in 5 sacred stones: the crystal for light, turquoise for infinity of sea and sky, coral for life and form, gold for the golden ray of the sun, silver for the light of the moon. Gold is intimately linked with Divinity and those gods associated with the Sun. It symbolizes wealth and success.
Notable people and personalities
Jarosław Bako (born 1964 ), Polish Footballer
Jarosław Fojut (born 1987), Polish Footballer
Jarosław Ignaz Von Sternberg (1641–1709), Bishop Of Leitmeritz
Jarosław Kaczyński (born 1949), Polish Politician
Jarosław Kalinowski (born 1962), Polish Politician
Jarosław Kowalczyk (born 1989), Polish Cyclist
Jarosław Marycz (born 1987), Polish Cyclist
Jarosław Rebiewski (born 1974), Polish Cyclist
Jarosław Wałęsa (born 1976), Polish Politician
Jarosław Zarębski (born 1979), Polish Cyclist