- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- afro-asiatic > semitic > central semitic > hebrew
- NAME ROOT:
- YÔCHÂNÂN > YEHOCHANAN > IōáNNēS > IVAN
- NATIVE NAME ROOT:
- YÔCHÂNÂN (יוֹחָנָן) IōáNNēS (Ἰωάννης)
- This is a Christian given name that is primarily associated with Slavic languages. It is the Slavic variant of the names "Johanna" and “Joannes”. The name derives from the Ancient Greek Iōánnēs (Ἰωάννης), which in turn derives from the Hebrew name “Yôchânân / Yehochanan”, meaning "graced by Yahweh, God is gracious". This name is part of the largest etymological root of names made up of more than five hundred variations between male and female in different languages. The name “John” had gained popularity among Jews in Judea and Galilee by the time the area became a province of the Roman Empire in 6 A.D. John Hyrcanus was the first king of the Hasmonean Dynasty and was the nephew of Judas Maccabeus. It was the given name of Yochanan ben Zechariah, a Jewish prophet known in English as John the Baptist.
- ivanio, ivanno
- ivana, ivanna, ivania
Use in other languages
- ivan, iván
- ivan, Îváne
- old danish
- old norse
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#7139UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Number 7 individuals are analytical and inquisitive. They have a thirst for knowledge and often make great academics, researchers or scientists. They have a strong sense of independence and tend to do things their own way. Number 7 individuals are believed to be self-reliant and may come across as reserved.
- Chakra Number:
- 7: The number of the Crown Chakra "Sahasrara"
Violet is the color of the crown chakra and it is the color of cosmic awareness and cosmic consciousness. It is a unifying color, the color of oneness and spirituality. The energy of this color is very healing and can soothe away pain. Learn more about this powerful spiritual color.
- Color meaning:
The color violet relates to the imagination and spirituality. It stimulates the imagination and inspires high ideals. It is an introspective color, allowing us to get in touch with our deeper thoughts. The difference between violet and purple is that violet appears in the visible light spectrum, or rainbow, whereas purple is simply a mix of red and blue. Violet has the highest vibration in the visible spectrum.
Notable people and personalities
Ivano Beggio, Italian Entrepreneur
Ivano Bertini, Italian Chemist
Ivano Biagi, Italian Boxer
Ivano Blason, Italian Footballer
Ivano Bonetti, Italian Football Player And Coach
Ivano Bordon, Italian Football Goalkeeper
Ivano Bosdaves, Italian Footballer
Ivano Brugnetti, Italian Athlete
Ivano Bucci, San Marinian Athlete
Ivano Della Morte, Italian Footballer
Ivano Fossati, Italian Songwriter, Multi-instrumentalist Musician
Ivano Marescotti, Italian Actor
Ivano Michetti, Italian Musician
Ivano Nicolucci, Italian Musician And Composer
Ivano Tagliaferri, Italian Writer And Sociologist