- germanic / old english (anglo-saxon)
- NAME ROOT:
- *HAWJą (Hīġ / HīEġ) LēAH > HAYLEY
- This female name derives from the Old English name “Eadwine”, composed of two elements: the Anglo-Saxon “hīġ / hīeġ”, which in turn derives from the Proto-Germanic "*hawją", meaning “Grass cut and dried for use as animal fodder, Any mix of green leafy plants used for fodder” plus the Old English “*lēah”, meaning “woodland, a clearing ‘especially one used for farming’, a meadow”. The name was made famous by the child actress Hayley Mills. Mills was 12 when she was discovered by J. Lee Thompson, who was initially looking for a boy to play the lead role in Tiger Bay. Walt Disney's wife, Lillian Disney, saw her performance and suggested that Mills be given the lead role in Pollyanna.
- halle, hayley, hailee, hailey, hailie, haleigh, haylee, hayleigh, haylie, haeli, haelli, hailly, halee, haliey, halii, haly, haylea, hayly
Use in other languages
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#229UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Number 6 is associated with nurturing, sympathy, balance, civic sense and responsibility. People with name-number 6 place high priority on family. They are also willing to shoulder responsibilities and execute them in the best manner possible.
- Chakra Number:
- 6: The number of the Third Eye "Ajna"
Indigo is the color of the sixth energy centre - your third eye chakra. It is the color that opens the consciousness and brings awareness to higher planes and connects us with the spiritual world. Discover the hidden meanings within this deep blue color.
- Color meaning:
The color indigo is the color of intuition and perception and is helpful in opening the third eye. It promotes deep concentration during times of introspection and meditation, helping you achieve deeper levels of consciousness. It is a color which relates to the "New Age" - the ability to use the Higher Mind to see beyond the normal senses with great powers of perception. It relies on intuition rather than gut feeling.
Notable people and personalities
Haley Bennett (born 1988) American Singer And Actress
Haley Joel Osment (born 1988) American Actor
Haley Paige (1981–2007), Mexican-american Adult Actress
Haley Pullos (born 1998) American Actress
Haley Ramm (born 1992) American Actress
Haley Webb (born 1985) American Actress