- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > italic > latin
- NAME ROOT:
- GERMĕN > GERMāNUS
- This name derives from the Latin “germen”, meaning (bud, seed, source, origin point), which in turn derives from “germānus” (carnal, brothers and sisters who have the same parents, or at least the same father, similar, very similar, real, genuine, pure, sincere). Germanus of Auxerre (Welsh: Garmon Sant) (~378–448) was a bishop of Auxerre in Gaul. He is a saint in both the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches and commemorated on July 31. The Latin name Germānus has no relationship with the German names Herman or Hermann.
- jermaine, jermain, jemaine
Use in other languages
- hungarian - magyar
- germano, germanio, Germinale
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#1182UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Order, practicality, sincerity and hard work are some of the character traits associated with this number. A number 4 person is disciplined, serious, honest and will work steadily to achieving his goal. Such a person can bring order to an otherwise chaotic situation.
- Chakra Number:
- 4: The number of the Heart Chakra "Anahata"
Green is the main heart chakra color. It is the color of healing, balance, tranquility, and serenity. Green brings wholeness to our lives and it is the color most frequently found in nature. Learn more about this color and discover its meaning.
- Color meaning:
The color green is the color of balance and harmony. From a color psychology perspective, it is the great balancer of the heart and the emotions, creating equilibrium between the head and the heart. From a meaning of colors perspective, green is also the color of growth, the color of spring, of renewal and rebirth. It renews and restores depleted energy. It is the sanctuary away from the stresses of modern living, restoring us back to a sense of well being. This is why there is so much of this relaxing color on the earth, and why we need to keep it that way.
Notable people and personalities
German Galynin, Russian Composer
German Goldenshteyn, Romanian Klezmer Musician
German Gref, Russian Economist
German Kim, Kazakh Historian
German Kuznetsov, Former Deputy Premier Of Kyrgyzstan
German Londoño, Colombian Painter And Sculptor
German Moreno, Filipino Actor
German Nogueira Gomez, Cuban Author
German Okunev, Russian Composer
German Sadulaev, Czech Writer