- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > germanic > west germanic > german
- NAME ROOT:
- *ALBIZ *RīKIJAZ > ALBERICH
- This name derives from the Old High German name “Alberich”, composed of two elements: “*albiz” (elf, sprite, fairy, supernatural being) plus “*rīkijaz” (kingly, royal, noble, mighty, distinguished, powerful, rich). In turn, the name means “powerful elf, king of the elves”. Oberon is a king of the fairies in medieval and Renaissance literature. He is best known as a character in William Shakespeare's play, A Midsummer Night's Dream, in which he is Consort to Titania, Queen of the Fairies. Alberich was the king of the dwarves in Norse mythology and is also present in the Nibelungenlied. Saint Albéric of Cîteaux († 1108), was a Christian saint and abbot, one of the founders of the Cistercian Order. In the Middle High German Nibelungenlied, Alberich is a dwarf, who guards the treasure of the Nibelungen, but is overcome by Siegfried. News of the gold robbery and ring of power incited gods and giants alike to action.
- RELIGION (SAINTS)
- alberic, auberon, aubree, aubrie, oberon
Use in other languages
- Ancient Germanic - Latinized
- ancient germanic
- alberic, albéric
- alberico, albrico, alberica, alberigo
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#1219UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
A number 9 person is humane and selfless. Compassion, tolerance, idealism and sensitivity are the hallmarks of number 9. Number 9 individuals often give unselfishly to others.
- Chakra Number:
- 9: The number of the Chakra "Pineal Gland"
The Pineal Gland is about the size of a pea, and is in the center of the brain in a tiny cave behind and above the pituitary gland which lies a little behind the root of the nose. It is located directly behind the eyes, attached to the third ventricle. This chakra is also known as the upper dan tien. The ninth chakra is an interesting chakra in that it is in this chakra that all the Christ abilities lie dormant, waiting to be released and used in the outer and inner worlds. The shift in focus at this time is toward that Christ energy and the accompanying abilities that go along with it. Hence, a great deal of work and energy is now being sent into physical reality to help the individual open up and expand this energy center.
- Color meaning:
It is no surprise that gold symbolizes wealth used wisely, but it is also the symbol of good health. People who favor the color gold are optimistic. The Tibetan Buddhist believes in 5 sacred stones: the crystal for light, turquoise for infinity of sea and sky, coral for life and form, gold for the golden ray of the sun, silver for the light of the moon. Gold is intimately linked with Divinity and those gods associated with the Sun. It symbolizes wealth and success.
Notable people and personalities
Aubrey Addams, American Adult Actress
Aubrey Beardsley, British Illustrator, Writer And Painter
Aubrey Beauclerk, Duke Of St Albans Vi, British Politician
Aubrey Beauclerk, V Duke Of St Albans, British Lord
Aubrey Burl, British Archaeologist
Aubrey Coleman, American Basketball Player
Aubrey Davis, American Basketball Player
Aubrey De Grey, British Biochemist
Aubrey De Vere Ii († 1141), Master Chamberlain Of England
Aubrey De Vere Iii († 1194), First Earl Of Oxford
Aubrey De Vere Iv († 1214), Second Earl Of Oxford
Aubrey Dollar, American Actress
Aubrey Drake Graham, Canadian Actor And Rapper
Aubrey O'day, American Singer
Aubrey Plaza, American Actress And Comedienne