- hebrew / latin
- NAME ROOT:
- (ḤANNāH) (BELLUS) (ELISHEVA) (ōRāBILIS > ōRāBILE) > ANNABELLA
- NATIVE NAME ROOT:
- ḤANNāH (חַנָּה) ELISHEVA (אלישבע)
- This name is a combination (composed, blended name) of “Anna”, and “Bella” (from the Hebrew “Bella”, a short form of “Isabella, Isabel”, or from the Latin “bellus” which means “beautiful, pretty, kind, lovable, pleasant, cute”. Bella could also derive from the Latin “ămābĭlis”, meaning “lovable, pleasant”. The English variants “amabel and mabel” were common in the middle ages, but fell into disuse after the fifteenth century. The name may have other connections with the name “Arabella”, from the Latin “ōrābilis > ōrābile”, meaning “exorable, invoked”, ancient meaning “answered prayer” or “prayer heard”. The first known case of the name is Orabilis, daughter of Ness of Leuchars, mother of Saer de Quincy, lived in the middle of the twelfth century.
- annabella, anabella, anabelle, anna-bella, annabelle
- annabella, anabela, anabella, anabelle, annabelle, Annabell
- anabel, annabella, anabela, anabella, anabelle, anna-bella, annabelle, Anabell, Annabell, Annebel, Annebell, Annebelle, Annibell, Anniebell
- PET & SHORT FORM
Use in other languages
- annabella, anabela, anabelle, annabelle, Annabell, Annebell, Annebelle
- annabella, annabelle
- annabella, annabelle
- anabel, anabella
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#480UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Order, practicality, sincerity and hard work are some of the character traits associated with this number. A number 4 person is disciplined, serious, honest and will work steadily to achieving his goal. Such a person can bring order to an otherwise chaotic situation.
- Chakra Number:
- 4: The number of the Heart Chakra "Anahata"
Green is the main heart chakra color. It is the color of healing, balance, tranquility, and serenity. Green brings wholeness to our lives and it is the color most frequently found in nature. Learn more about this color and discover its meaning.
- Color meaning:
The color green is the color of balance and harmony. From a color psychology perspective, it is the great balancer of the heart and the emotions, creating equilibrium between the head and the heart. From a meaning of colors perspective, green is also the color of growth, the color of spring, of renewal and rebirth. It renews and restores depleted energy. It is the sanctuary away from the stresses of modern living, restoring us back to a sense of well being. This is why there is so much of this relaxing color on the earth, and why we need to keep it that way.
Notable people and personalities
Annabel Astor, English Viscountess Astor
Annabel Chong (born 1972), Singaporean-american Adult Actress
Annabel Croft (born 1966) Former Professional Tennis Player
Annabel Giles (born 1959) Welsh Model, Television And Radio Presenter And Actress
Annabel Goldie, Scottish Politician
Annabel Lamb (born 1958) English Singer-songwriter
Annabel Langbein, New Zealand Chef
Annabel Lyon (born 1971) Canadian Novelist And Short Story Writer
Annabel Miguelena, Panamanian Writer And Actress
Annabel Mullion, English Actress
Annabel Port, Radio Presenter
Annabel Young, Former New Zealand Politician