- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > hellenic > greek
- NAME ROOT:
- ALéXō > ÁLEXIS
- NATIVE NAME ROOT:
- ALéXō (ἀλέξω) ÁLEXIS (Ἄλεξις)
- This name derives from the Ancient Greek “aléxō (ἀλέξω) Álexis (Ἄλεξις)”, meaning “keep off, turn aside, guard, protect, defend, help”. It was the name of several saints venerated by the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches, including Saint Alexis of Rome, and of a Russian tsar, Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich of Russia. Aleksi, A Finnish variant, was the third most popular name for boys born in Finland in 2007. Alessia, an Italian feminine variant, was the second most common name for girls born in Italy in 2006.
- RELIGION (SAINTS)
- NAMES DAY:
- ITALY January, 9
- alexis, aleksia
- alexis, alexus
- alexis, aleksia, Aleksja
- alexis, aleksia
- aleksi, alexius, Aleksis, alexus
- alexius, Aleksis, alexus
- PET & SHORT FORM
Use in other languages
- hungarian - magyar
- alexis, alexía
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#1354UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Traits associated with the number 3 include advanced social skills and articulation. People with name-number 3 are delightful to speak to and are often successful orators or writers. They have a colorful imagination and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Chakra Number:
- 3: The number of the Solar Plexus Chakra "Manipura"
Yellow. The centre of our being - the color of sunshine and the color of the third energy centre - the solar plexus chakra. The main energy of yellow is intellect. Do you like yellow color? Discover what yellow means and how it manifests in your body, mind, heart, and spirit.
- Color meaning:
The color yellow relates to acquired knowledge. It is the color which resonates with the left or logic side of the brain stimulating our mental faculties and creating mental agility and perception. Being the lightest hue of the spectrum, the color psychology of yellow is uplifting and illuminating, offering hope, happiness, cheerfulness and fun. In the meaning of colors, yellow inspires original thought and inquisitiveness. Yellow is creative from a mental aspect, the color of new ideas, helping us to find new ways of doing things. It is the practical thinker, not the dreamer.
Notable people and personalities
Alessia Amendola, Italian Voice Actor And Actress
Alessia Aquilani, (alexia), Italian Singer-songwriter
Alessia Barela, Italian Actress
Alessia Bigi, Italian Swimming Syncro
Alessia Fabiani (born 1976) Italian Model, Showgirl And Tv Presenter.
Alessia Filippi, Italian Swimmer
Alessia Fugardi, Italian Actress
Alessia Gizzi, Italian Journalist
Alessia Mancini (born 1978) Italian Actress And Showgirl
Alessia Marcuzzi (born 1972) Italian Television Host And Actress
Alessia Merz (born 1974) Italian Model, Television Host And Showgirl
Alessia Patacconi, Italian Actress, Television Host And Television Announcer
Alessia Piovan, Italian Model And Actress
Alessia Tuttino, Italian Footballer
Alessia Ventura (born 1980) Italian Showgirl