- OTHER SCRIPTS:
- Indian (bengali) (প্রিযংকা) Indian (Telugu) (ప్రియంకా) Indian (Punjabi) (ਪ੍ਰਿਯਂਕਾ)
- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > indo-iranian > indo-aryan
- NAME ROOT:
- PRIYANKER / PRIYANKAR
- Priyanka is a female given name in Hindu and Buddhist cultures. It is a name derived from the Sanskrit word 'Priyanker' or 'Priyankar' meaning, someone or something that is amiable; lovable, or makes you happy, Beautiful. In its adverb form it can also mean endearing behavior, for example an act of showing kindness or happiness or excitement; or kind agree-ability. The Sanskrit word Priyankar is also used to describe the white variety of the 'Kantakari' flower (Sweta kantakari).
- HINDU AND BUDDHIST CULTURES / COLORS (WHITE)
- PET & SHORT FORM
- priya, preeya
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#4998UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
If the chosen name for your baby has a number value of 5, it suggests brilliance, enthusiasm, energy and versatility. These individuals are believed to be adventurous and love their freedom. They like challenges and get bored with routine. They often need several activities to keep their active mind occupied.
- Chakra Number:
- 5: The number of the Throat Chakra "Vishuddha"
The throat chakra is the fifth chakra and its color is blue. It is one the three primary colors. The main energy of blue is communication and it is the color used to soothe the soul. Explore this Divine color in depth, learn what it means and what it represents.
- Color meaning:
The color blue is one of trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet, and doesn't like to make a fuss or draw attention. Blue hates confrontation, and likes to do things in its own way. From a color psychology perspective, blue is reliable and responsible. This color exhibits an inner security and confidence. You can rely on it to take control and do the right thing in difficult times. It has a need for order and direction in its life, including its living and work spaces.
Notable people and personalities
Priyanka Chopra (born 1982), Indian Actress
Priyanka Gandhi, (born 1972) Indian Politician
Priyanka Kothari (born 1983), Indianactress
Priyanka Nair (born 1985), Malayalam Actress
Priyanka Sarkar, Bengali Film Actress
Priyanka Sharma, Indian Vj And Actress
Priyanka Trivedi, Kannada Actress
Priyanka Xi (born 1991), New Zealand Actress