- OTHER SCRIPTS:
- russian (Эвелина)
- norman-french / (germanic) / (irish)
- NAME ROOT:
- (AVELINE) (AV / AVI > AVILA) (óIPH)
- This name originally was used a surname, which is derived from “Aveline”, a feminine Norman-French diminutive of the name “Ava” from “avila” (derived from the Germanic element “av / avi”, of unknown meaning, possibly "desired"). Evelyn is also sometimes used as an Anglicization of the Irish Gaelic Aibhilín and Éibhleann. Aibhilín is a variant form of Eibhlín, which is also derived from the Norman-French Aveline. Éibhleann, on the other hand, is said to be derived from the Old Irish “óiph”, meaning “radiance, beauty”; a variant of Éibhliu, used in English as Evilin. Other scholars support the theory that the name "Evelyn" means "hazelnut". Teresa of Ávila (1515–1582), was a prominent Spanish mystic, Roman Catholic saint, Carmelite nun, an author of the Counter Reformation and theologian of contemplative life through mental prayer.
- aileen, evaline, ilean, eileen, evelyn, evalyn, avila, ilen, ilene, evelyne, aibileen
- eileen, eveline, evelyn, evelin, evelyne, ava
- avelia, Evalina
- avelina, eveline, evelyn, evelin, evely
- evelio, evelino
- PET & SHORT FORM
- aveline, avaline
Use in other languages
- Ancient Germanic - Latinized
- ancient germanic
- avila, aveza
- eveline, evelyn, evelin, evely
- eveline, evelyn, eveliina, evelin, evely
- Évelyne, eveline
- aileen, eileen, eibhlÍn, aibhilín, Éibhleann
- avelina, eveline, evelyn, evelin
- avelina, Abelena, Abellana, Avellana
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking #1785UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
evelina JUST $2.90 evelina JUST $2.90 evelina JUST $2.90
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
If the chosen name for your baby has a number value of 5, it suggests brilliance, enthusiasm, energy and versatility. These individuals are believed to be adventurous and love their freedom. They like challenges and get bored with routine. They often need several activities to keep their active mind occupied.
- Chakra Number:
- 5: The number of the Throat Chakra "Vishuddha"
The throat chakra is the fifth chakra and its color is blue. It is one the three primary colors. The main energy of blue is communication and it is the color used to soothe the soul. Explore this Divine color in depth, learn what it means and what it represents.
- Color meaning:
The color blue is one of trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet, and doesn't like to make a fuss or draw attention. Blue hates confrontation, and likes to do things in its own way. From a color psychology perspective, blue is reliable and responsible. This color exhibits an inner security and confidence. You can rely on it to take control and do the right thing in difficult times. It has a need for order and direction in its life, including its living and work spaces.
| ||Song ||Artist || |
| ||TANGO EVELINA ||ROGER MIRON || |
| || || || |
Notable people and personalities
Evelina Borea (born 1931), Italian art historian
Evelina Cattermole (1849–1896), Italian writer and poet
Evelina Nazzari (born 1958), Italian actress
Evelina Paoli (Lina Vianello) (1878–1974), Italian actress
Evelina Papantoniou (born 1979), Greek Model
Evelina Papoulia (born 1971), Greek Actress
Evelina Pereira (born 1980), Portuguese actress
Evelina Santangelo (born 1965), Italian writer
Evelina Vermigli (Gori) (1909–2005), Italian actress