- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- indo-european > italic > latin
- NAME ROOT:
- CæLUM > CæLESTIS
- This name comes from the Latin word "cælum > cælestis", meaning “heavenly, coming from the sky, the blue color of the sky”. The name spread in a Christian context, used in relation to the Virgin Mary “Queen Mother in Heaven”. Queen of Heaven (Latin: Regina Caeli) is one of many Queen titles used of the Virgin Mary. The title derived in part from the ancient Catholic teaching that Mary, at the end of her earthly life, was bodily and spiritually assumed into heaven, and that she is there honored as Queen. Saint Celeste Metz was the 2nd Bishop of Metz and is revered as a saint by the Catholic Church, the Orthodox Churches and the Anglican Communion. Pope Celestine V was the head of the Catholic Church for a few months from 5 July to 13 December 1294 when resigned.
- COLORS (BLUE / AZURE) / RELIGION (POPES) / RELIGION (SAINTS)
- celestina, celestine, celestin
- celestine, celestial
- celestina, celestino, celestia, celestio, celesta, celesto
- celestina, celestine, celestia, celesta, Celestin, Seleste, Selestine
Use in other languages
- caelestis, celestinus
- cÉleste, cÉlestin, cÉlestine
- celestina, celestine, zölestine, cölestin, zölestin, cölestine, coelestin, zölestina, cölestina
- hungarian - magyar
- celesta, caelesta, caelestinus, celestinus, caelestina
- celestyn, celestyna
- celestín, Celestin
- celestina, celestino
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#12818UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Number 6 is associated with nurturing, sympathy, balance, civic sense and responsibility. People with name-number 6 place high priority on family. They are also willing to shoulder responsibilities and execute them in the best manner possible.
- Chakra Number:
- 6: The number of the Third Eye "Ajna"
Indigo is the color of the sixth energy centre - your third eye chakra. It is the color that opens the consciousness and brings awareness to higher planes and connects us with the spiritual world. Discover the hidden meanings within this deep blue color.
- Color meaning:
The color indigo is the color of intuition and perception and is helpful in opening the third eye. It promotes deep concentration during times of introspection and meditation, helping you achieve deeper levels of consciousness. It is a color which relates to the "New Age" - the ability to use the Higher Mind to see beyond the normal senses with great powers of perception. It relies on intuition rather than gut feeling.
Notable people and personalities
Celeste Bastianetto, Italian Lawyer And Politician
Celeste Coltellini, Italian Soprano
Celeste Gaia Torti, Italian Singer-songwriter
Celeste Holm, American Actress
Celeste Johnson (1959), American Singer And Model
Celeste Negarville, Italian Politician
Celeste Pin, Italian Footballer And Sports Manager
Celeste Star, American Adult Actress