- old english (anglo-saxon) / germanic
- NAME ROOT:
- (HEG DENU > HAYDN) (HEIDANO > HEIDEN)
- Hayden is a given name in the English language. The name is a variant of the given name “Haydn”, which is derived from the surname “Haydn” in honor of composer Joseph Haydn (1732–1809). Hayden also comes from the Old English surname “Hayden”. The meaning of the name is disputed. It may come from the Old English place-name “hay or hedged valley” from the Old English words “heg” (hay), and “denu” (valley). It may also come from the Old English word “hæðen” (heathen), and which shares a common West Germanic root with the Old High German “heidano”.
- hadyn, haydn, haydon, Haden
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#129UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
Traits associated with the number 3 include advanced social skills and articulation. People with name-number 3 are delightful to speak to and are often successful orators or writers. They have a colorful imagination and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Chakra Number:
- 3: The number of the Solar Plexus Chakra "Manipura"
Yellow. The centre of our being - the color of sunshine and the color of the third energy centre - the solar plexus chakra. The main energy of yellow is intellect. Do you like yellow color? Discover what yellow means and how it manifests in your body, mind, heart, and spirit.
- Color meaning:
The color yellow relates to acquired knowledge. It is the color which resonates with the left or logic side of the brain stimulating our mental faculties and creating mental agility and perception. Being the lightest hue of the spectrum, the color psychology of yellow is uplifting and illuminating, offering hope, happiness, cheerfulness and fun. In the meaning of colors, yellow inspires original thought and inquisitiveness. Yellow is creative from a mental aspect, the color of new ideas, helping us to find new ways of doing things. It is the practical thinker, not the dreamer.
Notable people and personalities
Hayden Carruth (1921–2008), American Poet And Literary Critic
Hayden Christensen (born 1981), Canadian Actor
Hayden Desser (born 1971), Canadian Singer-songwriter
Hayden Epstein (born 1981), American Football Player
Hayden Foxe (born 1977), Australian Soccer Player
Hayden Fry (born 1929), Former Ncaa Division I-a College Football Coach
Hayden Mullins (born 1979), English Football Player
Hayden Paddon (born 1987), New Zealand Rally Driver
Hayden Panettiere (born 1989), American Actress
Hayden Turner (born 1966), Australian Television Presenter
Hayden White (born 1928), Historian