- OTHER SCRIPTS:
- Hebrew (דַּלְיָה) arabic (داليا)
- LANGUAGE FAMILY:
- afro-asiatic > semitic > central semitic > hebrew
- NAME ROOT:
- DELÂYÂH / DELÂYÂHÛ
- NATIVE NAME ROOT:
- DELÂYÂH / DELÂYÂHÛ (דָּלִיָּה) DALIA (داليا)
- This name derives from the Hebrew “delâyâh / delâyâhû”, meaning “Yahweh has drawn”. There are several characters in the Bible including: 1) A priest in the time of David, leader of the 23rd course. 2) A son of Shemaiah, a ruler of Judah in the time of Jeremiah in the court of Jehoiakim. 3) The head of an exilic family, of uncertain pedigree, claiming to be Israelites in the time of Zerubbabel. 4) A descendant of Zerubbabel. 5) The son of Mehetabeel and the father of Shemaiah, a contemporary of Nehemiah.
- dalya, dahlia, Daliah
- dalya, dalit, daliya
- dalida, Daliana
Use in other languages
- dalida, DALIJA
- dalida, dahlia
- hungarian - magyar
Geographical spread (only living languages)
Popularity & Ranking
#955UNITED STATES RANKING
The U.S.A. popularity ranking comes from US Government Social Security Administration.
SHOWCASE - CHECKOUT YOUR NAME
New Age curiosities (only for entertainment purposes)
- Numerological Values:
A number 9 person is humane and selfless. Compassion, tolerance, idealism and sensitivity are the hallmarks of number 9. Number 9 individuals often give unselfishly to others.
- Chakra Number:
- 9: The number of the Chakra "Pineal Gland"
The Pineal Gland is about the size of a pea, and is in the center of the brain in a tiny cave behind and above the pituitary gland which lies a little behind the root of the nose. It is located directly behind the eyes, attached to the third ventricle. This chakra is also known as the upper dan tien. The ninth chakra is an interesting chakra in that it is in this chakra that all the Christ abilities lie dormant, waiting to be released and used in the outer and inner worlds. The shift in focus at this time is toward that Christ energy and the accompanying abilities that go along with it. Hence, a great deal of work and energy is now being sent into physical reality to help the individual open up and expand this energy center.
- Color meaning:
It is no surprise that gold symbolizes wealth used wisely, but it is also the symbol of good health. People who favor the color gold are optimistic. The Tibetan Buddhist believes in 5 sacred stones: the crystal for light, turquoise for infinity of sea and sky, coral for life and form, gold for the golden ray of the sun, silver for the light of the moon. Gold is intimately linked with Divinity and those gods associated with the Sun. It symbolizes wealth and success.
Notable people and personalities
Dalia Contreras (born 1983), Venezuelan Taekwando Practitioner
Dalia Dorner (born 1934), Former Justice Of The Supreme Court Of Israel
Dalia El Behery (born 1978), Egyptian Actress, Model, Tv Presenter, And Miss Egypt 1990
Dalia Fernández (born 1990), Dominican Model
Dalia Gaberscik, Italian Entrepreneur
Dalia Grybauskaitė (born 1956), Lithuanian Politician And President Of Lithuania
Dalia Grybauskaite, Lithuanian Politician
Dalia Itzik (born 1952), Israeli Politician
Dalia Kurtinaitienė, Lithuanian Basketball Player
Dalia Mogahed (born 1974), American Muslim Scholar And Adviser To President Barack Obama
Dalia Rabin-pelossof (born 1950), Israeli Politician
Dalia Sofer (born 1972) Iranian-american Writer